This comment appeared on my blog today in response to a piece I wrote two months ago on the inherent sexism of friendzoning as a terminology. (I also put it on tumblr, where it quickly became the most reblogged original piece I’ve ever posted.)
Clearly, the article struck a nerve - not just with people who agreed or disagreed with it to various degrees, but also with people like this commenter, to whom the worst-case behavioural scenarios it describes are apparently normative, natural and desirable. Despite this conviction, he still felt the need to drop by and justify himself.
And even as I’ve been writing this up, another male commenter - whose contributions to the debate merit a post of their own - has dropped by to offer the following endorsement:
Some days, there just isn’t enough facepalm in the world.
- totalspookytoolbag reblogged this from sexistdrivel
- thatsassyhatter likes this
- coveredinjellyfish reblogged this from fozmeadows and added:
- arent-you-a-real-prince-charming likes this
- fearsometinywit likes this
- vivacioustavernwench likes this
- mysterysquid reblogged this from sexistdrivel and added:
- thief-in-the-dark reblogged this from fozmeadows and added:
- rc-mos likes this
- kogiopsis reblogged this from fozmeadows and added:
- fozmeadows reblogged this from sexistdrivel
- sexistdrivel posted this